There are dozens of expensive, big-name VR systems emerging onto the market, including the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive. They’re making a lot of noise on the virtual reality scene, but there’s no doubt that the VR system that is offering the widest range of reliable and easily-installable apps is Google Cardboard.
Branded VR Cardboard is a great way to take advantage of a great range of applications. It also makes it incredibly easy for developers to add support for virtual reality to their creations. With that in mind, we thought we’d give you a quick overview of some of our favourite Apps to experience with your very own branded VR Cardboard.
6 Of The Best Apps To Try Out On Your Google Cardboard
1. YouTube – Following their addition of 360-degree videos, as well as spatial audio, there’s a lot of VR-friendly content that you can browse through. VR shorts, virtual tours and more are really starting to take off on the platform, so you can be sure that you’re going to spend as much time immersed in the world of 360-degree entertainment as you have done with traditional YouTube videos.
2. Google Cardboard Camera – A fairly recent introduction, Google now allows you to take 360-degree photographs and view them in VR through Cardboard. To take a suitable picture, you just need to download the app to your smartphone, hold up your phone and rotate on the spot. The feature itself will do all the rest, stitching images and even capturing audio. What’s more, it works with Google Street VR so that you can immerse yourself in 3D locations around the world as well!
3. NYT VR – If you’re looking for a great resource for news and documentaries, then the New York Times’ VR app is perfect for you. It’s a little empty on content at the minute, with new stories being added every ‘month or so’. Some of the most popular virtual stories include The Displaced, Vigils in Paris and Take Flight.
4. Lanterns – If you’re looking for a relaxing experience to really cool you down after work, then experiencing the Lantern festival first-hand can really help. It’s quite a simple idea, showing lanterns floating on water. The scene also has a great day/night cycle, so you can spend as long as you want immersed in the scene without getting bored.
5. BeerBox – If you’ve ever wanted to experience what it’s like to be drunk, without going through all the troublesome business of actually getting drunk, then BeerBox is ideal for you. This app uses your phone’s camera so you need to make sure that your branded VR Cardboard headset has a camera cut-out. You can go through various levels of inebriation, and your view will blur, double and shift.
6. VRSE – One of the most unique experiences currently available on virtual reality, VRSE starts you off on a beautiful lake with a swarm of dragonflies. After that, things start to get a bit... trippy. This app is the result of hard work from Digital Domain, Annapurna Pictures, VRSE.works and Chris Milk and is definitely worth your time.
Enjoy The Best Apps With Branded VR Cardboard From MaxBox VR
Here at MaxBox VR, we are able to provide a wide range of branded VR Cardboard and custom headsets to ensure that you can enjoy the fantastic new world of VR in comfort and style. To create your own custom-branded headsets, get in touch with our friendly team today using our online contact form.