If you've decided to use custom branded Google cardboards for your marketing campaigns, congratulations! Jumping in on the technology train is a great decision to keep your company relevant in this fast paced world.
Today we will skip the first few steps of your VR cardboard experience and go right to the design process.
Once you're ready to start with the design, there are 2 ways to go:
1) You and/or your designers create the design for the units.
- In this case we will send you our design template with instructions to follow.
It's very important that you follow the instructions to make sure we print the units with the highest quality possible. It's also very important you follow the colour instructions, by doing so our production team will be able to match your brand colours as closely as possible.
- You send us the design template back, our design team will do a check to verify if everything is good to print.
In the event something needs to be corrected, you'll be notified by us. Some corrections can be done quickly by our designers, others might require a correction on your end. This is based on a case-by-case basis.
- Once the design is approved as good to print on your side and ours, we're ready to move forward with the order!
It's imperative that you let us know what finish you'd like on your units; don't worry, we'll ask you via email before starting production.
2) Our designers handle the design of your units.
- You send us your brand assets, and our designers create the design for your units entirely free of charge!
Our designers will work hard to respect and honor the specific style of your brand. Remember that we can offer an amazing print if you send us great assets. Vector formats are always preferred for logos, and we love our images in CMYK :-)
- Once our design team has put together your design, we send it to you for review.
You'll let us know if you'd like us to change or correct anything. We can make as many changes and revisions as are necessary until you're happy to go to print, entirely for free. If you're happy with the design, so are we :-)
- Like in point 1: once the design is approved as good to print on your side and ours, we're ready to move forward with the order! And also; it's imperative that you let us know what finish you'd like on your units; don't worry, we'll ask you via email before starting production.
Important considerations if you're designing on your own:
If you're using images make sure they are at 300 dpi, nobody likes a crispy looking image. Also, remember CMYK is a must! otherwise colors will not print they way the are supposed to look.
All images and logos need to be embedded, we don't want to miss any files!
Convert your text to curves, this way you can be sure the exact copy and font you want to use is respected entirely, and we don't run any risks of the system changing anything automatically.
Always respect the 3 to 5 mm bleed. You'll easily be able to recognize these areas on our templates. Sometimes there can be a very slight paper shift of about 1-2 mm; by using the bleed we don't run the risk of your design being cut off.
We know this might seem like a lot to remember, but don't worry! Our design team has put together a very complete and easy to follow guide on the template pack you download. And if there's anything you don't understand, or you're not sure of you can always get in touch with us, we'll be happy to clear any doubts! :-)
Now that we've covered the basics of how to design your units and prepare the file, we'll give a quick overview on the benefits of branding your VR headsets!
- It's a cost effective marketing strategy. Rather than a cost, it's an investment, and it's even better if you buy in bulk!
- It can increase brand recognition. Prospective clients will be more likely to remember your brand.
- You can differentiate yourself and your company from your competitors. We all know and love the classic pen and tote bag, but with a custom branded VR cardboard headset you'll be on everyone's radar!
- Increase customer engagement. It's a fun, new and exciting marketing item, clients will be able to easily try it on the spot and have fun with an app or video you can recommend.
- It works as a reward program for your existing clients. Clients love swag, and you'll be saying "thank you for choosing us" with an amazing gift.
If you still have any doubts about whether custom branded Google cardboards are the marketing item for you: don't worry! One of the perks of being a Maxbox VR customer is that you get anything design related for free. This means that once we have your design we'll be able to give you a 3D mockup of how your units would look like once they are produced.
It will be much easier for you to determine what works and what doesn't on your design, and we'll be able to adjust accordingly. (Again, for free, yay!)
If you're ready to get started contact us. We look forward to start working on your project!