ECO-FRIENDLY, ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE, SUSTAINABLY SOURCED GOOGLE CARDBOARD VR HEADSETS
Have a look at the very green test reports on our materials
Fiber source (paper / cardboard)
- REQUIREMENT: The paper's fiber source must be legally harvested from a sustainably managed forest.
- MAXBOX VR DECLARATION: Our Paper is FSC certified - View here.
Chemical additives in paper & cardboard
- REQUIREMENT: The paper/cardboard must not contain hazardous substances in quantities that exceed the specific thresholds in relevant regulations (e.g. REACH, EU RoHS directive, Hazard-Statements, Risk-phrases).
- MAXBOX VR DECLARATION: Our paper contains no hazardous substances.
Film finishes (matte / gloss)
- REQUIREMENT: The paper/cardboard must not contain hazardous substances in quantities that exceed the specific thresholds in relevant regulations(e.g. REACH, EU RoHS directive, Hazard-Statements, Risk-phrases).
- MAXBOX VR DECLARATION: Our film finishes are made from Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene. Double recombination film BOPP+EVA, Ethyleno Vinyl Acetale Copolymer.
- REQUIREMENT: The paper must be bleached chlorine-free along one of the following standards: - TCF : Totally chlorine free - ECF : Elemental chlorine free.
- MAXBOX VR DECLARATION: Our paper is bleach Chlorine free, no packaging information available.
- REQUIREMENT: The ink must not contain any pigment colorants based on and compounds of mercury, cadmium, lead, chromium VI.
- MAXBOX VR DECLARATION: See our ink testing report - View here. See image of our ink packaging - View here.
- REQUIREMENT: The plastic must not contain hazardous substances in quantities that exceed the specific thresholds in relevant regulations (e.g. REACH, EU RoHS directive, HazardStatements, Risk-phrases) nor any halogenated compounds as e.g. polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polyromantic biphenyls (PBBs), polyromantic diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) and/or short chain chlorinated paraffins (SCCPs).
The type of plastic must be clearly indicated on the item, on its wrapping or on the accompanying instructions according to the ISO 11469 norm.
The plastic must contain at least 50% recycled material.
- MAXBOX VR DECLARATION: Lenses: Our lenses are made from PMMA Material, using the injection moulding process. Wrapping: Each unit is wrapped in a clear plastic envelope (PP Bag) made from polypropylene, it is not complusory and can be removed if the client wishes.
See above.The client is welcome to add the description of included materials to their design so it is printed on the unit. Maxbox VR do not do this on a compulsory basis.
- REQUIREMENT: Packaging must be only used if it is indispensable for the protection of the product or the presentation of logo. The quantity and the weight of the packaging must be limited as much as possible. Textile wrapping is only justified if it can be re-used.
Packaging must consist of a single component whose recycling channel is widely spread and easily accessed by the target users. Directions (text or explicit logo) clearly encourage recycling.
Paper and cardboard packaging must contain minimally 70% recycled finer.
Use of bioplastic: the composability (biodegradability) of the bioplastics must comply with one of the indicated standards, or equivalent.
- MAXBOX VR DECLARATION: Our packaging is safe and used to protect the product during the shipping process
Cannot confirm entirely: Multiple packaging used e.g. DHL cardboard boxes. Not all boxes have text to encourage recycling, but can be requested.
Our shipping boxes are made from 70% recycled material.
REQUIREMENT: Glues must not contain a quantity of residual monomers (except for acrylamide) exceeding 100 ppm. The concentration of acrylamide must not exceed 1000 ppm. Glues must not contain phthalates, halogenated solvents, alkylphenol ethylates, glycol ethers or bioaccumulative preservatives.
MAXBOX VR DECLARATION: Glue contains the following: Na(OH)/caustic soda,borax, Dry catalyst (KMnO4), defoamer and water. See testing report - View here.